There will be a Young Eagles Rally Saturday August 1st from 10:00-1:00. The program is open to kids 8 to 18. Participants will get a free, 20-minute flight along with a commemorative photo and certificate.
The rallies are held at the Watsonville Aviation Education Center (WAEC), sign-up is between 10:00am and 12:00pm on the day of the rally at the airport on first come basis, we do not have pre-registration. Flying is from 11:00am to 3:00pm, weather permitting. Participants should expect to spend 1-2 hours at the airport during the event. See us on Facebook below and on Twitter status is provided by searching for #EAA119.
Help ensure wsome of the finest examples of historic military aircraft at Watsonville are brought to Wings Over Watsonville 2015.
- Warbirds are coming to Watsonville, but WOW needs your help!
- Five P-51 Mustangs, one P-40 WarHawk, Four T-6 Texans and one Bt-13 Vultee.
- Your sponsorship covers fuel as owners are waving their fees.
- Each Aircraft has three donor opportunities to split the total cost.
- $330.00 or $240.00, depending on aircraft ($110 or $80 per person)
What you will get:
- Your name listed on website and program
- Photos of you with the aircraft and Pilot
- Donation is Tax Deductible
- You ensure these historic aircraft visit WVI
For more info, contact Rayvon Williams / WOW
This month's WPA meeting will feature a discussion of the looming ADS-B Out mandate. By January 1, 2020, we will need to equip our aircraft with ADS-B Out equipment or be prohibited entry to large chunks of the national airspace. John Cowan will kick the discussion off with an introduction to the requirements and the gear that will be necessary to fulfill them. Dan Chauvet will provide an update regarding the ongoing legal issues with which WVI pilots continue to be faced. The WPA meeting will be held on Wednesday, June 24, 2015, at 1900 hrs. in the WAEC building, 60 Aviation Way, Watsonville, CA Refreshments will be served. Hope to see you there.
It is now easier than ever to donate to the chapter. You can use the Donate button on the right right side of the page to make a donation to the chapter using PayPal.