Super Bowl 50 Tenant Advisory
Super Bowl 50 Impacts to flying at WVI
If you plan to fly @ KWVI....
- On the KWVI Ramp:
- Only authorized vehicles on ramp Limos, taxis and rental cars must remain outside fence
- Drivers pickup Pax at Terminal Building
- A shuttle provided to/from terminal/aircraft.
- IFR Arriving/Departing KWVI:
- Filing IFR (inbound or outbound) during week, requires reservation.
- Operators without reservations plan on delays
- No airborne IFR filing within 200nm of NorCal airspace, except in emergency.
- VFR Arriving/Departing KWVI:
- Flying to SFO metro airports during Super Bowl week may require reservations
- You should expect applicable fees (Landing, Handling, Special Events, etc.) will apply.
- You might want to rethink....
- Flying to north/northwest on February 7th
- Bay Tours
- Flying to MRY
- Practice Approaches
- SJC arrivals/support aircraft in 10NM ring. No GA’s
- Squawk w/flight plan in 32NM ring - no loitering.
- Air ambulance, LEO and DOD aircraft airborne.